Tuesday, November 21, 2006

50,142 Day 21 1:33 p.m.


virgin cherry bomb

I am doing the happy dance. I finished the NaNo challenge with 50,142 words. I am still going to be writing because I have not finished the story. I have no idea how many more words are in there but I can't wait to find out what happens.I will check in with the NaNo computer until Nov.30.

I don't think I have a muse and the little creature that whispered the plot outline in my ear when I was napping has left me too but my fingers seem to know just what to write. As I think I said before I sit down to write one scene and a totally different one appears on the screen.

I am pleased to say that the one person I have let read a portion of this says she liked it and the way I showed the affection between the characters. Hopefully I have stayed true to my story and the characters enough to carry this along. I think I have but I am hardly objective at this point.

Well back to the keyboard.

6 Comments:

Blogger rssasrb said...

Whoopie. Great. Way to go.

Congratulations.

I love the way you put it that your fingers know what to write. It's going to be a good book.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

YAY!!!!!!WOOT!!!!And doing the snoopy dance on your behalf.

That is too awesome! I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to see the final product on the shelves!

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats on breaking the 50,000 mark!

Now that I know about NaNo, I just may have to try it next year.

Thanks for stopping my on my site. I hope you're feeling better too. The chills are the worst. My DH has a touch of it too now. Luckily we weren't both down at the same time. There is usually only room for one whiner at a time at our house.

7:22 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Have I told you lately that I love you, Mom?
Because I do.
You're my inspiration, and every other sappy thing I can think of to say right now.
Seriously, I echo Robin's comments on your last blog post... every time I think that I'm just going to scrap this, especially after my story was hijacked, I think of you, seeing it through til the end, and it just makes me even more determined. I mean, I know how proud I am of you for finishing the challenge, and I just don't think I could stand the look on your face if I had to tell you that I gave up.
Thanks for hanging in there and showing me that it could be done, and thanks for being such an encouragement to me, even when I don't know if I'll be able to finish. You're the stuff that dreams of moms are made of, you know?
love ya,
d

10:27 AM  
Blogger The Merry said...

**********************************
**********************************
[[[[WILD ENTHUSIASTIC APPLAUSE]]]]
**********************************
**********************************

Go Scope Dope!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTG Penny! Woo Hoo!

Kim:)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home