Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Day 8

virgin cherry bomb

Day 8 25,066 words. Half way there but I am having a real problem writing the love scenes, which in my case means boy kisses girl. Period. I asked Sheryl for advice since she seems to have no trouble writing really good love scenes. Her advice was to write the way it feels, emotionally and physically and mentally. Wow. So I decided that after she left tonight that I would do that. Didn't work. I only have a few kisses in the whole 25,000 words and I thought they were okay.

Passionately and ardently work for me but apparently (oops another ly word) not for readers or editors. I guess I will have to wait until I am ready to edit this to figure out how to do these scenes. I don't have any trouble doing the snarky sister scenes. Why do you think that is?

5 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

I saw your word count over on HW/SW and had to come over here and give you a HUGE high five. That is beyond awesome! WTG!!! Won't be long when some one ask you Book Done Yet? that you can say You betcha!!!

WHOOHOOO!

1:18 PM  
Blogger rssasrb said...

SDCB You are doing great. I'm so excited for you. Don't worry about the kissing scenes or the ardently etc right now. Just get on with the story. Like you said you can always come back. After November 30.

I'm doing a happy dance for you.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about hitting a bump in the road. Half way there and less than a third of the month gone - you're doing fine.

For the kisses, the adverbs mean you are telling instead of showing. I think CMS meant things like saying the woman's toes curled inside her shoes, or her knees went weak. Something along those lines, anyway.

Hang in there, and the next 25k+ words will come. You're doing great!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

How's it going in NaNo land? Book done yet??? Just came by to see if there was a new update.

9:48 AM  
Blogger dee said...

why do you find it easier to write the snarky sister scenes? Why do YOU find it easier?
Well, DUH! Even I know the answer to that one.

Just dropped by to tell you that I was thinking of you. Since Shane is out of town, I'm heading up to write in bed now. (No, that's not a Chinese fortune cookie reference, either!)

I'm coasting along at almost 30k words, and I'm and positively ITCHING to do some editing. I actually had to close my laptop and go into another room to read yesterday, the urge was so strong to go back and fix things. So you just keep plugging along too, ok? We can spend all the rest of the long cold winter tweaking and perfecting, then next year in Jersey - we can PITCH!!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home