Monday, October 30, 2006

NaNoWriMo Challenge

virgin cherry bomb

I have decided to take the NaNoWriMo challenge and write 50,000 words from Nov.1-30. I have an idea of what I would like to write and I am excited about it. Wish me luck.

I loved going to New Jersey for the NJRWA conference. I met a great many people thanks to the Flamingo eye patch and Flamingo bag that Dee gave us. Since networking is an important part of that event I guess I did all right.

I finally got to meet Nancy Herkness. What a sweet woman she is and interesting too. The Cherry Bombs loved her. I am hoping she can get these two books she has written published soon, as I am waiting to read them.

I went to Jenny Crusie and Bob Mayer's workshop and loved it. It was funny but also very helpful. I took copious notes there and at Bob's workshop too.

I felt I learned a lot at the conference and had a great time, especially meeting the Cherry Bombs. What a great group of women they are. I feel like I have known them for a lifetime. Thanks Dee, Mcb, Robin S and Kim, Dee's friend who is also a real sweetheart.

Got lots of books to read too. I now have a big TBR pile.

From now on I think you are going to have to put up with my ramblings as Michael is now too old for his grandmother to be putting "little kid" stories on the blog.

I had reached an impasse in my WIP but got some good advice from a writer I met in New Jersey. She said that when she has a block it is usually because she hasn't developed her characters well enough. I thought about that and realized she is right so I will work on that after I do the November challenge.

Will try to let you know how I am making out on the challenge. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Merry said...

O comments? Oh, we can't have that.
I was sorry to read that you'd hit an impasse, but you seem to have overcome that obstacle. Just remember that Sarah Caudwell defines an impasse as "a situation in which no one makes a pass at anyone else." Clearly then, the way to surmount an impasse is to have one of your characters make a pass.
Should be fun to write, anyway ;)

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home