Friday, June 23, 2006

Geneology

virgin cherry bomb

This is a poem I wrote as part of a Writer's workshop. The order was to write a poem and I was not big on poetry that wasn't written by Robert Frost so I had my doubts. Since I was very big into geneology at the time this was what I wrote. My brother put it on the family home page and a week later someone stole it and put it on theirs. Anyhow here it is.

Geneology
Oh woe is me, alas alack
I tried to trace my family back.
From generation to generation
Our family lacked imagination.
Conrads we had, one, two and three
Now maybe four, who knows, not me.
But as the list grows and grows
We realize there were more like those.
Friedrichs, Wilhelms, Johannes too.
Sorting them out is hard to do.
Even birthdates cannot be confirmed
When names were changed, quite often, we learned.
What were they thinking in ages past....
To make their names forever last?
Just when I think I know the score...
I find another. What a chore.
Oh how easier it would be
To make the search begin with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

ScopeDope,
That's really a nice poem. I like it. I can see why someone wanted to post it on their own site, though it rather irks me that they didn't ask your permission.
Keep writing those poems.
And more importantly, Keep posting them!
Love your stuff,
Love you,
dee

6:30 PM  
Blogger JT said...

SDCB - Wow! I'm impressed. Very nice poem. I couldn't do that to save my life.

Well do coffee another time, promise. Tomorrow is crazy, then I have no idea if I am or DH is coming to pick up daughter on Friday. Anyway, we end up here at least four times a year with hockey, although it's usually pretty busy, but I'll let you know.

And, you are really talented. I like that poem. Nice job.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home