Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Day 15 37,889 words so far

virgin cherry bomb

Almost 38,000 words and I have finally hit the spot where I am going to drop the bomb on my heroine and tell her what she will not want to hear. I have this part figured out but I don't know how I am going to rectify the problem so that she takes the hero back. I guess this is not such a big deal since I didn't know how I was going to do this part either. It is like Sheryl keeps telling me, just write it. It just seems to come. I admit that some of what I have written is goig to end up in the trash bin but not all of it.

I think the basic story line is good. Just don't ask me to write a sex scene. I wasn't going to write any and I wrote one because it just came on the page. I guess my fingers decided it was time. It is awful though. I think it is. I will let someone read it eventually and see what they say.

I have not been feeling well the last few days so I have not kept up my word count by a long shot. One day it was only 586 words and another it was 777 words. I am still ahead of the game. I think I will make it. This conflict scene should take up a lot of words. And that is what it is all about. Putting the words on the page. Guess I'll just keep plugging.

5 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

Oh Penny, that is just so awesome.
Send that sex scene my way. Tell Sheryl you need my "other" e-mail address, and send it to me there, that way I actually get it. I want to read it. I know it won't be as bad as you're saying. And I'm just so thrilled for you, but you know that, because I also adore you, and you deserve every bit of this NaNo success.

12:07 PM  
Blogger rssasrb said...

Penny I hope you are feeling better. You are doing fantastic with Nano. You are my inspiration when I don't want to write. I keep thinking Scope Dope is getting too far ahead of me. Have fun with the conflict.

The sex scene will get better when you do revisions. Trust me.

Now I need to take the dogs out for a last constitutional and then throw my heroine in the creek.

9:11 PM  
Blogger JT said...

Go Penny! Go Penny!

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll do it, Penny. You've got the right attitude and the will to get it done.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

You are doing amazing!!!! Keep it up. I know you'll get it done!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home