Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nobody's Talking!


Here I sit, all alone by my computer waiting, waiting waiting....

No matter how hard I try to hear them the voices in my head are not talking. I have no idea what I did to offend them. I was terribly busy doing nothing but relaxing last weekend at Stingray Point. Is that any reason to suddenly stop speaking to me? Just because I didn't immediately grab pen and paper (no computer available) to write down the profound things they were saying to me, now I am getting the silent treatment.

Due to the fact that I have a memory problem (see last post) I cannot remember anything those people were muttering. Well, maybe some things, but not blog post material. I don't think.

*Slap*. What was that for? Because I didn't remember your comment about the political situation? What political situation? Oh, so now you're going to sulk. Well okay then. Go ahead. See if I care. I'll just ask someone else to talk to me.

What do you mean no one has anything to even whisper to me? I missed all the good stuff because I was too busy having more fun with my friends than to listen to you? So, in other words, you have no good stuff left. You do? Well, since I haven't heard it I don't believe it. Tell me some good stuff. Still not talking? All right then. I'll just go read Bcb's blog http://kdjames.com . Her people are chatting a mile a minute to her. Oh now, now that I am planning to check out her voices, you decide to talk. Okay tell me.

"Once upon a time there was a girl..." Aw, c'mon.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Lou said...

Scope - they will come back when you are least expecting them. Have patience - the voices will reappear. Trust me*...

5:07 PM  
Blogger BCB said...

LOL! This made me laugh, because my voices refuse to talk to me ALL THE TIME. Usually they wait until I've carved out a nice big chunk of time and am ready to sit down and write. And... nothing. Then they start up again in the middle of the work day, or once I've gone to bed and the light is off and I have nothing to write on.

One thing I've found that helps me is when I finish writing a scene and am ready to be done for a while, I write a couple sentences of what I think comes next. Even just a few key words. Sometimes that isn't what comes next at all and I end up deleting them, but I've found it's less intimidating than a blank page and it helps me get a little jump start.

Of course, that's no help at all with blog posts. After three years, I'm struggling there to think up new stuff to write.

You're right, it's not easy.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

I usually mull everything over in my head and then sit down to the computer. By the time my fingers hit the keyboard I just let them do the walking while the voices do the talking.

Sometimes I have no idea what I am going to write and then there it is. Crazy way to do things I know but I got the best marks for the essays I wrote this way.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous orangehands said...

Secret Agent OH, crossing the roof stealthily (like all Secret Agents are trained to do), climbs through the window, finds a back room, and drops the asleep Voice in the empty chair. She swings the spotlight on the Voice and gives it the wake-up drug. "Now listen to me*, Voice, you can either start talking, or I can make ya start screaming. Your choice."

And if that doesn't work, make the Voice jealous. Pretend you found a new Voice, and the old Voice will be all "Hey, don't go, we can make it work, I swear I'll start talking."

Or write about crafts. :)

7:47 PM  
Blogger Keziah Fenton said...

OH - you're the funniest. Good to hear your Voice

8:47 AM  
Blogger The Merry said...

Even if this isn't the appropriate time in the Canadian calendar to express thanks, I would like to thank you for your wonderful blog, as well as for the privilege of being your imaginary friend these past few years.

Please do feel free to drop in to visit anytime you'd got the yen to check out the left coast :)

p.s. Tanji says she really would appreciate some belly rubs as she is being sadly neglected in that respect.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home