Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm Baaaack!


For medical reasons I have been truly remiss in not keeping my blog up to date.
I have two epics, okay only short novels, in the works, both of which are not finished. I am having serious problems
controlling my hands with some pain as well.

I have only to revise my first book with the suggestions from my reader and it will be finished. I have been unable to do that but may be able to now. I would like to complete this project for several reasons. For one, I like the basic plot. My female character needs a little more backbone which should not be too hard to supply. I have a couple of small changes to make too and then it should be ready. I hope to finalize all these changes within the next couple of months. I would like to be able to send it out to a publisher by the fall.

The second project is truly in need of major reworking. I started this as a NaNoWriMo project but due to the numbness in my hands could not complete it. Although I have been unable to write I have been thinking about it, as well as the first project. This work is important to me as it does have a minor character who is autistic.

I spent most of my time during NaNo doing research rather than writing and I think the main plot got lost in the process. As a result I ended up with major "info dump" as my author friends have called it. I wanted so badly to make the autism part of the story that it almost took over. In effect I lost my focus which was the romance between the hero and heroine.

I think my order of business must be to revise the first project before going on to the second. The second story is not really fleshed out enough so that I am not sure how it will end. I have concentrated too much on the middle. Possibly it will mean throwing out most of what I have done and start again. I don't know, but I do want to be able to finish both projects at some point. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger rssasrb said...

Wishing you much luck and rooting for you. I think concentrating on fixing the first story is a good idea especially since it is so close to being polished. I can't wait til it's published and I can read it.

Then once that's off, you can concentrate on Story #2.

((((Scope)))) I am so sorry you have been in so much pain. Your attitude and strength are an inspiration.

Love you lady.

Great to see an update here. I've been checking periodically.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a woman with a plan! I think finish #1 and then on to the next adventure.

I need more to read so get it published already!!!! :-)

If I was closer, I would be your hands, because I type all day for the choir stuff, I wouldn't even notice doing more!

7:09 PM  
Blogger The Merry said...

You're back! You're back!

O Frabjuous Day, calloo callay
She chortled in her joy


Or something like that.

Scope, we've missed you!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home