Monday, November 05, 2007

Getting there

Well, it is Nov. 5 and I am at 10,596 words for NaNo. I hope I can keep up the pace. I'm not sure that what I have written is worth too much at this point as I am just putting down what comes into my head. As usual for me I have a lot of dialogs and they are sort of following a story line but there are a lot of breaks included.

I have left spots to fill in for a secondary character who is autistic while I do a lot of research on autism. I am trying to read books and do research on the internet. I may have bitten off more than I can chew but I want to do my best. If I feel I cannot be accurate about this disability then I will change or eliminate that character.

I also am trying to find out about fostering in the United States, in particular Ohio. As well, I am looking into adoption in that state. Maybe I am trying to cover too much territory but this is the way I seem to have gone. My characters tend to take over the keyboard every so often and what I plan to write is not always what comes out. I will keep you informed.

Actually, it has been a hard week. A friend that I have admired for her courage and sense of humour passed away this week. She was not a lady that I had ever met in person,but I felt I knew her well. Margaret has kept all of us laughing on another blog and one of her own for over a year. She will be greatly missed by many.

3 Comments:

Blogger GatorPerson said...

Scope, I can answer questions about adoption in NC.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hey Scope, way to go! You can do it!

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your typing parts are getting to feeling better.

Ohio is nice, but wouldn't Canada make a good setting, too? I mean, many Americans kind of pine for Canada. Big, beautiful, not yet overpopulated, courteous.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home