Wednesday, October 31, 2007

NaNo Again

Tomorrow, NaNoWriMo starts again and I am not sure I am ready. I have my main characters and I have possible secondary characters but am not sure of my plot outline. Last year I had the plot outline and the characters the day before it started.

I have chosen to have one of the secondary characters have autism so I have been doing research on that. It appears that is an affliction that is becoming more prominent or is it just that people are coming forward about it more? Anyhow I have been given good resources and I am looking at asking a friend for help whose adult son has autism. Another friend had given me the web sites to go to and books to read.

My goal is to post here more often as I go along and to finish the story in 50,000 words as I did last year. Last year's effort is now out at readers and I hope to have that out to Harlequin by the end of November or early December. The November deadline may be pushing it too hard if there are a lot of fixes to make. I will fix it though and then send it in. I really like the end result. Hopefully, I will feel the same way about this NaNo's effort.

Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luck!
I know you can do it. Just keep your head down and put words on the page. You can fix it all in December.
Sheryl

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck! You'll do great.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home