Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

It had been my plan to finish NaNoWriMo with a glorious 50+K word count but alas the best laid plan of this personage was down the drain when I developed numbness in both arms and hands to the point of severe swelling and pain. So as a result I only achieved 28+K. I did a lot of research for this book and I guess I should have just written it and then done the research. I wasted time I didn't have but didn't know that.

I have decided to rest my poor hands and spend my time doing something I have neglected shamelessly for the past year when I was doing my other book. I want to read for pleasure. I have a copious amount of books that I have not yet read . Besides those I have here in my To Be Read pile I have all those being recommended to me. I look forward to spending my time doing that as typing, or I should say keyboarding, is causing more pain than I want to deal with. I will get back to you later.

BTW someone asked why I set this WIP in Ohio and I didn't set my book in Canada. I love my country but the target publisher is Harlequin American Romance because of the length of the book. I used what I knew about visiting Dayton and researched the rest.

Going to read now. ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Merry said...

Scope? What are the books on your To Be Read list? Enquiring minds want to know!

- Mary the Nosy

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home